What is a Marriage Certificate Translation?
In this day and age, you might think that a marriage certificate is less important than it was in the past, as there are so many different ways in which a couple can legally be partners without actually being married. However, a marriage certificate is a legal document that is still of immense importance in all countries around the world. Whenever a marriage certificate is required in a different country from the one in which it was issued, there is the possibility that a marriage certificate translation may be required.
An official translation of a marriage certificate may be required for an immigration application, to establish a case for alimony or spousal support, to determine distribution of marital assets on divorce, to support an application for a married person’s benefit, or to determine pension eligibility and entitlement to social housing, to mention just a few of the more common reasons.
What is Involved in a Marriage Certificate Translation?
Marriage certificates contain a lot of detailed information in a relatively compact document. A marriage certificate, for instance, typically contains:
- the names of the two people getting married;
- their mother’s’ and father’s’ names;
- where the marriage took place;
- when the marriage took place.
Every country has its own style of marriage certificate, so there may very well be differences in the content of the marriage certificate. Some certificates may contain more information than others.
Regardless of the content of the marriage certificate, a foreign marriage certificate translation must faithfully translate all parts of the certificate as accurately as possible, including names, addresses, times and dates if present. Any little thing that has been left out might just be the one item of information that the authorities are looking for.
Why use Barnes, Thompson & Brown for a Marriage Certificate Translation?
- We are specialists in all types of legal document translation, including official translations of marriage certificates.;
- We have a fast turnaround, typically dealing with marriage certificate translations within an hour of receiving them.;
- We have a huge pool of talented legal translators available.;
- We provide absolute assurance of respect for client privacy.;
- We can offer marriage certificate translations in over 150 different languages.;
- We can offer translations in different dialects of many of the languages we deal with.;
- We are open for requests for quotations and queries seven days a week.;
- We respond to queries within 30 minutes;.
- We only use human translators for important legal document translation.
Why You Should Use a Professional Translator for a Marriage Certificate Translation
Marriage certificates are important legal documents. A professional marriage certificate translation service should be used to complete the translation of such a document and any other personal legal documents that are relevant at the time. Inaccuracies, inconsistencies and omissions can lead to misunderstanding and the denial or rejection of whatever has been applied for.
In most cases, a certified marriage certificate translation will be the minimum requirement. The certification is normally provided by the translator and is a confirmation that the translation is accurate and authentic.
For Australian marriage certificatetranslations, you cannot do better than use Barnes,Thompson&Brown for accurate, andprofessional work and speedy delivery.